PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative
PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative:
This initiative, established and sponsored by the IEEE MTT-S Administrative Committee, is available for all 1st/2nd year PhD students worldwide. The initiative provides sponsorship to attend IMS2019 and (optional) RFIC 2019 in Boston, MA, USA.
The Sponsorship includes:
- 5 nights accommodation (Check-in Sunday 2 June 2019, Check-out Friday 7 June 2019)
- Complimentary IMS2019 Registration
- Optional Complimentary RFIC 2019 Registration (additional night, 1 June, accommodation will be given to attend RFIC 2019)
To qualify for an award:
- This sponsorship is aimed at students who have not attended the IMS/RFIC before.
- All applicants must be IEEE MTT-S Student Members.
- All applicants must submit a personal statement.
- Supervisors are expected to pay for transportation to/from Boston MA, USA.
- Successful applicants are expected to volunteer (1 day) helping the IMS2019 team.
- Successful applicants are expected to be present at the IMS2019 from Sunday until Friday afternoon. If also attending RFIC, attendance is required from Saturday until Friday afternoon.
- Deliverables: (1) Three reports assignment: work in a team of 3 to present the evaluation of (a) one presented paper, (b) one poster paper and (c) one product from the exhibition. An additional report will be required for RFIC attendees on one presented paper or poster. This assignment will be presented during the final meeting on Friday 7 June 2019.
- Each research group may submit up to 4 applications.
- Past PhD student awardees are not eligible.
- All MTT-S Fellowship/Scholarship recipients cannot apply to this initiative.
15 March 2019 Deadline for application submissions
- The IEEE MTT-S reserves the right to check the details in this application against IEEE records and other resources, if necessary.
- Students are responsible for their own travel insurance.
For questions about the PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative please contact Rashaunda Henderson (IMS-PhD-SSI@mtt.org).
to submit your application through the online form.
Once you submit the form, your supervisor will receive an email to provide a recommendation letter. The recommendation letter must be received by 15 March 2019.